Research indicates that coffee may actually be good for you despite the negative concerns of some people. Some of the potential problems with drinking coffee are higher blood pressure, increased insomnia, and an increased risk for glaucoma, anxiety, tremors, and withdrawal symptoms. The good news is that most of these problems can be controlled by the amount of coffee consumed. Researchers prove that there is more good than bad in drinking coffee. Here are ways coffee is good for you.
- Lowers the risk of coronary artery disease and heart failure.
- Lowers the risk of stroke by 25%.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Lowers risk of depression.
- Improves glucose metabolism and lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Lowers risk of Parkinson’s disease and dementia.
- Lowers the risk of several types of cancer.
- Protection against cirrhosis of the liver.
- Increased fiber intake.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Helpful in dry-eye syndrome and gout.
So go ahead and enjoy your cup of coffee knowing that there are health benefits associated with drinking coffee. Just control the amount of cream and sugar that can add fat and calories and consider brewing your coffee with fresh organic beans and use purified water.