This Q&A is for questions regarding the 10-Day Programs. If you have additional questions, please feel free to us.
If I miss a shake should I still take my supplements?
- Absolutely, you can still take your supplements with or without the shake, but it is best to get 3 shakes in per day.
Do I have to have 3 smoothies a day?
- Yes, it is best if you do because the program is designed to have optimal results at 3 shakes.
Can I eat meat?
- Yes, you can eat meat - choose lean meat like fish and poultry, organic, free-range if possible (keeping the portions about the size and thickness of your palm). However, for optimal weight loss, consider removing all animal protein - you are obtaining protein from SP Complete® and you can add additional Whey Pro® if more is needed.
Am I allowed fruit during the 10 days?
- On Phase 1, fruits should be limited to the lowest glycemic index fruits such as blueberries, raspberries, strawberries - avoid bananas, apples, and cherries because of their higher glycemic index. It would be helpful to look up the carbohydrate content and glycemic index for a fruit before including it in your diet during the 10 days. Ideally, your shakes will be made with a small amount of fruit and water.
Can I use something besides fruit and water to make my shakes?
- Yes, you can include vegetables like kale, spinach, cucumber, etc. However, refrain from using fruit juices because of the high sugar content. Water is the best liquid to use.
Are there recipes?
- Yes, there are some on the Purification Support website that can be utilized for this program.
Is it alright for my children to do this program?
- This needs to be discussed with your health care practitioner. However, the Dietary Guidelines that you are following during the 10 days are healthy choices for all ages.
I can do this program if I taking insulin?
- This will be decided on a case-by-case basis, and you will need to consult with your health care practitioner to make this decision.
Can I take my other supplements and medication during this program?
- Please contact your health care practitioner for instruction. Normally, you will stay on your medications and your health care practitioner will tell you if your other nutritional supplements need to be included with the 10-Day Program.
How will I know if this program is working?
- There are many benefits to this program that you should be aware of including clearer thinking, weight loss, improved blood sugar management, less cravings, improved lab results, and more energy - all indications that your body is becoming healthier and more vital.
Will I lose weight on this program and if so, how much?
- This varies from patient to patient. There are many factors that determine weight loss, but this program will assist in weight management. However, usually the “side effect” of eliminating toxins and managing your blood sugar more effectively is weight loss.