Congratulations on starting your 10-Day Digestion Program!
The products selected for you are specific to the organs and glands that will assist you in maintaining desirable digestion health. This program consists of high-quality whole food and herbal complexes that contain many beneficial nutritional constituents that are essential to our health - as opposed to synthetic vitamins that are missing the naturally occurring enzymes and complexes. On the Standard Process® labels you will recognize many foods such as kale, Brussels sprouts, beets, barley grass, etc. Below is a brief description of the products that will support your 10-Day Digestion Program.
This protocol card provides a quick reference to how the products should be taken throughout the day. It can easily be placed on the refrigerator as a daily reminder. Print the protocol card, it can easily be placed on the refrigerator as a daily reminder.
SP Complete® – 3 shakes per day
2 scoops per shake
Betafood®– 12 per day
Breakfast 4, Lunch 4, Dinner 4
Okra Pepsin E3 – 8 per day
Breakfast 3, Lunch 3, Dinner 2
*Zypan®– 6 per day
Breakfast 2, Lunch 2, Dinner 2
*Not to be taken if history of ulcers. Digest is an option for Zypan. In underlying yeast problems consider Lactic Acid or Zymex.
Below are suggested dietary guidelines (an overview) that will complement the nutritional supplements to help achieve optimal health benefits during your 10-Day Program.
- Have 2-3 SP Complete® shakes per day
- Eat frequently throughout the day to maintain an even level blood sugar range
- Increase your fruit and vegetable intake to increase fiber and antioxidant levels
- Eat twice as many vegetables as fruits (organic whenever possible)
- Add a mixed green salad with lunch and dinner
- Eat a variety of colors as each color category provides different antioxidants!
- Certain common foods create sensitivities in some individuals - these include sugar and food additives. You may want to discuss this with your healthcare practitioner to see if you would benefit from eliminating them on this 10-day program.
- Water is cleansing! To better determine how much water you need each day, divide your body weight in half. The answer is the approximate number of water ounces you should drink daily. You should drink half of your body weight in ounces. (i.e. If you weigh 200 pounds, you should drink 100 oz, which is eight 12-oz glasses of water a day)
These guidelines are not specific to the Digestion program. They are designed for all patients going through any of the 5 10-Day programs or even patients who are not on any program and who just want to eat healthier.
Print the Dietary Guidelines (a more complete version than above) and take them with you when you go shopping and keep a copy with you to use as a guide if you find yourself having to eat out.
Print the "Things to Remove/Limit - Better Options" PDF, it can easily be placed on the refrigerator and carried with you as a daily reminder.
FAQ - The 10-Day Programs Q&A is for questions related to the 10-Day Programs in regards to supplements, shakes, and meat and fruit allowed.
This program offers email support throughout the cleanse process. You will receive daily tips regarding shopping for the cleanse, recipes, exercise, and online question support. To inquire about this program support tool, please contact us.
For optimal weight loss, consider removing all animal protein for the 10-Day Program (your daily protein will be coming from SP Complete® shakes and lentils)
The information provided in this article is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging.
You should not use the information in this article for diagnosis or treatment of any health problem or for prescription of any medication or other treatment. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem.