‘Happiness Project’ at home
Did you know that taking just a whiff of your favorite smells can reduce stress, remind you of great people, places and fun, and increase your happiness?
Recently, we read this post from best selling Happiness Project author Gretchen Rubin about how you can minister to your spirit and sense of well-being by taking simple steps to care for yourself. One of her “favorite happiness habits” is to find new, good smells and indulge in them whenever she needs a pick-me-up.
What a great idea! Sounds like Rubin is actually indulging in a quick and effective form of aromatherapy. You can take a page out of her book and do this, too. Your favorite scents will remind you of good times with loved ones, and just take you out of the ordinary daily grind.
Here are some fast and easy ways to indulge with these simple tips on how to use Young Living essential oils for aromatherapy.
1) Try adding your favorite essential oil single to a candle. This is a really easy way to set a mood for entertaining guests, or just a relaxing evening for yourself. Just light an unscented candle and add a few drops of the essential oil to the melted wax.
2) Mix up a refreshing room spray. That way, when you come home you can refresh stale air, or even mask a less-than-fresh odor (without extra cleaning). Orange is especially good for this, and many people find it invigorating. Here’s an easy recipe you can use:
- 10 Drops Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Young Living Orange Essential Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Flower Water
Combine all ingredients with enough water to make up about one-half cup, and store in a pump bottle. Just shake and spray!
3) Add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil to your bath. Nothing beats a hot, relaxing soak in the tub to defuse tension – except a long soak scented with your favorite essential oils!
Bonus tip: Did you know that Young Living makes it incredibly easy to add the soothing benefits of essential oil aromatherapy to your day any time? Contact me for additional ideas, or visit the website. I recommend that you use our diffuser for an easy mood lifter!
Leave a Reply