The Cortices Technique: Tapping out your Cortices helps the two sides of the brain work together. With regular application of the Cortices technique, you will find that your head may feel less “foggy,” your mental focus may sharpen, or you may just feel more balanced and clearer. Try it out. You can do no harm and the process has the potential to do so much good. Only takes 1 minute. Make it a habit like brushing your teeth. Best results when used every day. After a few months, inner stress levels will normalize.
How to "Tap Out" your Cortices
Cortices Quick Reference Guide
Brain Need a Re-Boot? Everyday Wellness in Ten Minutes:
MEASURE TRACK & IMPROVE BRAIN FUNCTION
The BrainSpan* test can assist in concussion resiliency as well. After all, accidents happen. But what if we address it from the inside out by building in protection too.
Adults: provides information on the immune system, neurologic function, sleep and cardiovascular health
Seniors: Provides information on overall brain function, Central Nervous System Activity and Cardiovascular health.
A BrainSpan Assessment gives you the following information:
- Omega-3 Index
- Inflammation Index (reduce pain)
- Trans Fat Index
- Palmitic Acid Index
- Sustained Attention
- Memory Capacity
- Processing Speed
- Cognitive Flexibility (lower your risk of Dementia)
Knowing this information assesses the risk of neurological diseases and provides you with information regarding your overall health and quality of life.
BrainSpan information and evidence-based research
3 Easy Steps and you're on your way to a healthier brain!
- Take the BrainSpan Assessment: A simple patient-administered blood spot test & 15-minute online cognitive assessment.
- Get your science-based Results: Identify nutrient & fatty acid deficiencies that may be affecting your brain health & function.
- Improve your results in as little as 90 days: When your brain works right, your body works right. Start tracking your brain health like you track your heart health.
Nutrition is a huge part of any health regime, including brain health! Typically eating a well-balanced diet which includes a high intake of fruit and vegetables and is low in “bad” fat and sugar can help reduce the risk of cognitive decline.
Diets such as the Mediterranean and DASH may contribute to risk reduction.
Drink plenty of water - Echo water systems; hydrogen enriched, 4 levels for alkaline or acid water:
A number of supplements are associated with improving cognitive function. Consuming a healthy diet is the best way to achieve optimal nutrition, but sometimes it can be difficult getting all the nutrients we need in one day!
There are supplements to boost memory, motivation, creativity, alertness and general cognitive function. If you need help please call me 972-712-0892
Free nutrition assessment - If you do not have a username and password, please call us at 972-712-0892
The average household has 62 toxic chemicals, according to environmental experts. Ingredients in common household cleaners have been linked to asthma, cancer, reproductive disorders, hormone disruption, and neurotoxicity.
Use chemical-free household cleaning products such as Thieves household cleaner. Thieves Household Cleaner is a concentrated, versatile solution that gives you a deep clean when scrubbing, degreasing, spot cleaning, dusting, and more—all without harsh chemicals.
Look for natural sunscreens to avoid exposure to chemicals:
- Look for a biological dentist:
Incorporate Brain Gym exercises
Z health Drills - What is Z-Health? Z-Health is a cutting-edge neuro-exercise system that helps people improve their health, alleviate their pain, improve their vision, balance, and movement, optimize their overall health. More on Z-Health
Train The Brain! Z-Health 3 Pillars of Movement (12-week workshop), What are the 3 Pillars? Move Well, Balance Well, See Well. 2019 Fall Workshop begins August 17, 2019, and runs for 12 consecutive week2. More information &/or to register
Limit screen time (TV, computers, etc.) – we have some tools in our practice that we use to help balance the effects happening to your body and brain from the EMF’s. We will include this link and also offer a 15% off discount if you mention you were on this call. More on EMF Shields
Global Recommendations on Physical Activity for Health
Unlimited Access to over 19,000 classes
Find your perfect volunteer opportunity
Relaxation Visualization Zen Garden Talk Down: Sleep & Stress Relief
10 Hours Ambient Soundscapes Relaxation Sleep Mix
Heart Smart Recipes from the American Heart Association
- Infants: Critical to infant Brain and Motor Development
- Maternal dietary consumption of Omega-3 fatty acids during pregnancy improved children’s IQ. Helland et al. Pediatrics, 2003, 111:e39-44
- Higher blood Omega-3 DHA levels in babies are linked with better motor neuron development. Luxwolda et al. Nutritional Neuroscience, 2014;17:97-103
- School Age: May Improve attention, Memory & Behavior
- Children’s Omega-3 DHA level significantly predicts their ability to concentrate and learn at school. Montgomery et al. PLoS One, 2013:8:e66697
- Increased Omega-3 Index Scores improved both memory and reaction time in healthy young adults. Stonehouse et al. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 2013;97:1134-1143
- Adults: Protects Brain from Aging & May Improve Cognition
- Low Omega-3 Index Scores associated with accelerated brain aging and lower cognitive abilities. Tan et al. Neurology, 2012; 78:658-664
- Low dietary Omega-3 consumption responsible for up to 96,000 preventable deaths each year. PLoS Med. 2009 April; 6(4)
- Seniors: Lowers Risk of Dementia & May Preserve Memory
- Increased blood Omega-3 levels associated with improved memory in age-related cognitive decline. Yurko-Mauro et al. Alzheimer's & Dementia, 2010;6:456-64
- Individuals with higher blood Omega-3 DHA may significantly lower their risk of developing dementia. Schaefer et al. JAMA Neurology, 2006;63:1527-1528